The following is from our Protocols of Participation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
- The principle of “reciprocity” underpins the operations of the VLN Primary. It is a requirement that all participating schools will contribute, to enable the sustainability of learning opportunities for all students.
- Contributions to the VLN Primary can be the provision of an eteacher and programme of learning or project. In addition an annual membership fee will be levied for each participating school. This will be reviewed and set each year by the Governance Group in consultation with schools.
Schools Contributions for 2018 for small groups/individuals will be:
Option A: eTeacher Contribution
Membership Fee: $250
Reciprocity value is based on 12 student enrolments in VLN Primary classes per semester or per full year.
Option B: no eTeacher Contribution
Membership Fee: $250 plus Learner Fee*
$50 per learner
Option C: Whole Class Enrolments
$600 per Semester
Taster Classes are calculated pro-rata. Please enquire for details.
Payable per Semester
Option D: Parental Contribution
$150 per Semester for First Child
plus $50 per Additional Child
Payable per Semester
Option E: Short Taster Classes (5 Weeks)
$200 per whole class participation or $25 per student. No membership fee charged for first course.
Our short taster classes are an ideal way to introduce learners to Asian languages through cultural based activities. These taster classes are hands-on and require additional materials suitable for arts and crafts to be provided by the school.
Payable on Registration
*This is based on annual per student participation – one student may be enrolled in one or more classes for one semester or whole year. One semester is 15 weeks.
Terms & Conditions
- All contribution costs are GST exclusive.
- Participation fees and 50% of the membership fee are refundable up until the timetable is finalised and classes have commenced, thereafter these fees are non-refundable.
- Principals of participating schools who are contributing eteachers should provide release for eteachers of at least one hour a week, which will include 30 minutes for live classroom sessions and 30 minutes for preparation and communication with students.
- Some classes may have costs attached (such as for practical materials). It is the responsibility of the student’s home school to make payment to the provider for any associated costs.
- Schools are requested to include their VLN Primary participation in their own school planning, strategic goals and reporting. Principals, eteachers, and school support people should endeavour to consult with and give feedback to VLN Primary School Governance Group, personnel and the MoE.
- Any disputes should be directed through the ePrincipal to the Governance Group.
Participating VLN Primary schools must complete a formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) ensuring their commitment to these Protocols of Participation. This can be completed during the enrolment process.