The following is from our Protocols of Participation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
- The principle of “reciprocity” underpins the operations of the VLN Primary. It is a requirement that all participating schools will contribute, to enable the sustainability of learning opportunities for all students.
- Contributions to the VLN Primary can be the provision of an eteacher and programme of learning or project. In addition an annual membership fee will be levied for each participating school. This will be reviewed and set each year by the Governance Group in consultation with schools.
Schools Contributions for 2018 for small groups/individuals will be:
All schools contribute $250 per annum as a membership fee in addition to:
Small groups/individuals (less than 12 students)
$50 per student participation fee
Whole class (more than 12 students and no more than a regular school class size)
$600 per 15 week semester
Children enrolled and supported by their parents (i.e. outside of the school) will contribute $150 per student per semester; $50 each additional family member.
Short Taster Classes
Whole class participation in online classes of 5 weeks duration (Taster classes) is $200. Individual or small group participation, in taster classes is $25 per student. No membership fee for first taster class. Korean Taster classes are free for 2018.
One student may be enrolled in one or more classes for one semester or whole year. One semester is 15 weeks.
Terms & Conditions
- All contribution costs are GST exclusive.
- Participation fees and 50% of the membership fee are refundable up until the timetable is finalised and classes have commenced, thereafter these fees are non-refundable.
- Principals of participating schools who are contributing eteachers should provide release for eteachers of at least one hour a week, which will include 30 minutes for live classroom sessions and 30 minutes for preparation and communication with students.
- Some classes may have costs attached (such as for practical materials). It is the responsibility of the student’s home school to make payment to the provider for any associated costs.
- Schools are requested to include their VLN Primary participation in their own school planning, strategic goals and reporting. Principals, eteachers, and school support people should endeavour to consult with and give feedback to VLN Primary School Governance Group, personnel and the MoE.
- Any disputes should be directed through the ePrincipal to the Governance Group.
Participating VLN Primary schools must complete a formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) ensuring their commitment to these Protocols of Participation. This can be completed during the enrolment process.