This programme would best suit students with a curiosity and passion for the 'behind the scenes' of mathematics.
Students will investigate the nuances surrounding mathematics - from where our Arabic number system has evolved from through to ideas around just how big (or small) can numbers get? Students will design and create visually and descriptively - using their imagination alongside a ability for practical mathematics.
- Where have our numbers come from?
- Negative numbers, and why they need to exist.
- Big numbers, but just how big can they get?
- Seeing patterns in mathematics and nature!
- Different number systems - you mean we don't all use the same?
To view the full programme description.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.