Here is the timeline for getting ready for your online classes. Make sure your students are well prepared for another great year of learning online.
- Enrolments - close 17 February
However whole class enrolments can still be made at any time, depending on teacher availability. Individual enrolments may be accommodated only if there are places available. Enrolments for Semester 2 classes will begin in June. Registration form here. You will also need to complete a spreadsheet with students details.
- Draft timetable - available by 24th February
schools check these carefully to ensure that your students are in the classes they have registered for AND there are no clashes with other school commitments (like tech time). The timetable may be drafted more than once during the week before classes to accommodate changes so please check each version.
- Classes start - week of 2nd March
make sure you have adequate support & supervision in the first few weeks that children are getting started.
- There are 5 weeks of VLNP classes in term 1 (no classes in the last week of term).
- There are 10 weeks of VLNP classes in term 2.
- Class Calendar - all classes will be listed on our VLN Primary google calendar, when they are finalised. When these are available please add the appropriate classes to your own class and school calendar so that you can set up reminders (just click on the event and choose copy to your calendar).
- For all the important fine print please read our Protocols of Participation
Preparing Schools & Students
It is really important to make sure you and your students are well prepared to participate in online programmes BEFORE they begin, to minimise disruptions during class time for other schools and learners. Read more about the role of supporting online learners.
Tuakana/teina with your experienced online learners works well for ongoing support and to develop digital fluencies and leadership in your schools.
Learning online is a partnership between schools and the VLN Primary. We work with you to provide these online opportunities for our learners and to support you to develop the skills to learn in this environment. Schools are primarily responsible for ensuring students are prepared to learn online.
Orientation free Introduction sessions:
School staff who are new to VLNPS can find out about how our online learning is setup and how you can best support your learners in a free Intro Session 25, 26, or 27 February 3.15 - 3.45 pm
Students who are new to online learning can find out about how we learn online in a free Intro Session on 25, 26, or 27 February 12-12.30 pm or 2.15-2.45pm
Existing VLNPS students and school staff are also welcome to join to brush up on their preparation and share their experience with newcomers. Nau mai haere mai! Register for Intro sessions at https://tinyurl.com/vlnintro
Resources you will need:
Make sure you spend some time checking your systems and preparing your children. Look forward to seeing you in class!