The following is from our Protocols of Participation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
- The principle of “reciprocity” underpins the operations of the VLN Primary. It is a requirement that all participating schools will contribute, to enable the sustainability of learning opportunities for all students.
- Contributions to the VLN Primary can be the provision of an eteacher and programme of learning or project. In addition an annual membership fee will be levied for each participating school. This will be reviewed and set each year by the Governance Group in consultation with schools.
Participation costs for 2021 will be:
$340.00 – all schools contribute a membership fee per annum (excl taster) in addition to: 1 & 2
1. Small groups/individuals – (less than 8 students)
$68.00 per student, per class participation cost
(Student participation cost enables a student to be enrolled in one class for one or two semesters.)
2. Whole class – (8 or more students but no more than a regular school class size)
$818.00 per 15 week semester
Taster Classes – 5 weeks
$273.00 – whole class participation in online classes of 5 weeks duration.
No membership fee for first taster class for new schools.
** If participants choose to continue for the Semester annual membership fees then apply (above).
Children enrolled and supported by their parents (i.e. outside of the school) will contribute:
$205.00 per student, per semester (15 weeks) for the first class
$68.00 each additional class
$68.00 each additional family member.
(Fees must be paid in full by the end of the third week of class starting, unless other arrangements are made.)
School Funding: VLN Primary School Resource Document
Terms & Conditions
- All costs and fees are GST exclusive.
- Participation costs and 50% of the membership fee are refundable up until the timetable is finalised and classes have commenced, thereafter these fees are non-refundable.
- Principals of participating schools who are contributing eteachers should provide release for eteachers of at least one hour a week, which will include 30 minutes for live classroom sessions and 30 minutes for preparation and communication with students.
- Some classes may have costs attached (such as for practical materials). It is the responsibility of the student’s home school to make payment to the provider for any associated costs.
- Schools are requested to include their VLN Primary participation in their own school planning, strategic goals and reporting. Principals, eteachers, and school support people should endeavour to consult with and give feedback to VLN Primary School Governance Group, personnel and the MoE.
- Any disputes should be directed through the ePrincipal to the Governance Group.
Participating VLN Primary schools must complete a formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) ensuring their commitment to these Protocols of Participation each year. This can be completed within the registration document.